Monday, May 24, 2010

the zine fair issue


On Sunday I got the chance to go to the MCA Zine Fair at the Museum of Contemporary Art. It was a great experience to go around, meeting some of the zinesters and checking out all the different styles and forms of zines on offer.
The creator of one of my favourite zines of the ones I bought, Spoonful had the sweetest ideology behind her zine when she told me it was "small enough to take on the bus with you and to get off at the end of the trip in a good mood". This nicely thought out concept for the magazine was supported through a very well produced and captivating little zine.
The zine fair was a great way of getting inspired and geared up to get cracking on my own zine inspired magazine.

a little overview of the smorgasbord of zines I bought
(I went just a little crazy)

No comments:

Post a Comment