Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the Cat's Meow issue


One of my favourite illustrators is Kelly Smith, I love the way she depicts fashion so intricately yet expressively through her illustrations, and particularly through her use of mixed media, blending illustrations with photography and/or collage.

Browsing her blog, Birdy & Me I found a recent editorial she collaborated on with photographer Macushla Burke for the Autumn 2010 edition of Pulp Magazine entitled The Cat's Meow.

I love the fusion of illustration and photography to give a quirky, eclectic feel to the somewhat dark, moody theme of the editorial. I think these elements are amalgamated perfectly to give the editorial another edge, something that makes you sit up and notice it. I'm also inspired as I would like to utilise a lot of illustration in the magazine I will produce at the end of this year.






all images sourced from http://kjsdesign.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment