Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the post secret issue


As i've previously said, I love this community art project commissioned by artist Frank Warren in 2005 when he sent out a pile of bank postcards with instructions for its finder to tell a secret anonymously and post it back to him. Since its humble roots the art project has taken off and received huge amounts of acclaim and popularity.

I love the nature of the postcards, from funny to odd, confusing, serious, confronting and silly. Every possible emotion humankind could feel is immortalised on simple, hand generated postcards. I'm an eternal voyeur and find this intrusive style, forward thinking art project inspiring as I hope to include personal journal style writing and features in my magazine.











all images sourced from http://postsecretarchive.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment